- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 to 5.0 SP3
- BlackBerry World
- DT 120234
- DT 128091
- DT 914899
- DT 2737990
When attempting to download an application from BlackBerry World storefront on the BlackBerry smartphone, an error as shown below occurs, after entering the BlackBerry ID and password.
BlackBerry World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry World server. Verify your network connections and try again.
The BlackBerry smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server that is configured with the following settings:
- The IT Policy Allow Other Browser Services is set to False. This disables the ability to use the BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and limits use to the BlackBerry Mobile Data Systems Connection Service only.
- The BlackBerry MDS Connection Service is configured to direct traffic to a Proxy server or pac file.
- End to End TLS encryption is required. For BlackBerry AppWorld storefront for BlackBerry smartphones, the EndToEndRequired option is set to True for all connections. Consequently, even if the BlackBerry smartphone options are set to allow Proxy under TLS options, the connection uses Handheld TLS instead.
- Upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 MR6 or MR8.
- Add the following settings to the 64 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\Servers\instance\config\rimpublic.properties (If the server is 32 bit use the following path - C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\Servers\instance\config\rimpublic.properties ) file :
application.handler.http.proxyUseDirectIfFailed = false
application.handler.tcp.proxyUseForDeviceTLS = true
Note: The above will direct all EndToEnd connections through MDS through proxy. Therefore, if there are internal applications using this method, there may need to be proxy configuration changes.
Complete the following steps:
- Allow connections to BlackBerry World to use a Direct connection instead of routing the connection request to the Proxy server.
- Allow the use of the BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.