- BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange 5.0 SP2 to SP4
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Domino 5.0 SP2 to SP4
- Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0 Updates
When installing BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a prerequisite and the BlackBerry Setup begins to install JRE. During the JRE Installation, an error similar to the following is displayed:
Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_18\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature.
This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. This was seen with Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0 Update 18 but similar errors could appear with later versions.
Complete one of the following:
- Obtain an updated copy of the VeriSign Trust Network Root Certificate and import the certificate into the local Certificate Store of the server.
- Open MMC then add the Certificate Snap-In.
- Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authority.
- Right-click the sub-folder Certificate, choose All Tasks > Import.
- Browse to the location that the VeriSign Trust Network CA file is located.
VeriSign root certificates can be downloaded from the Symantec Website at the following link:
There are 13 root certificates listed under the link above. It is recommended to install all but for the purpose of this issue we only need Class 3 certificates from G1, G2 and G3 as these are the ones used for code signing.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.