- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- Delete the application from the BlackBerry smartphone that is experiencing difficulty (if it is present).
- Perform an uninstall of BlackBerry App World from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Power down the BlackBerry smartphone.
- If there is an optional Secure Digital memory card installed in the BlackBerry smartphone, remove it temporarily.
- Perform a hard reset by removing the battery, waiting one minute, and then replacing it. Do not replace the memory card yet.
- From the BlackBerry Browser install BlackBerry App World again.
- Launch the BlackBerry App World application and then sign into My World as normal and then navigate to the application.
- Attempt to download and install the application again.
- Replace the memory card.
While the procedure provided above does not remove any information contained within BlackBerry App World itself, it may be necessary to re-download any applications that have been archived to an external memory card.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.