- BlackBerry® Smartphones
The BlackBerry® Key Store is a database that securely stores and protects access to a set of cryptographic keys and certificates. These keys and certificates are used to decrypt or encrypt messages and to connect to websites that use certificates. A password is required in order to keep these certificates secure.
The key store on your BlackBerry® smartphone might store the following items. To access these items in the key store, you must type a key store password.
- personal certificates (certificate and private key pairs)
- certificates that you download using the certificate synchronization tool of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- certificates that you download from an LDAP certificate server
- certificates that you add from a message
- personal PGP® keys (public and private key pairs)
- PGP public keys that you download from an LDAP certificate server
- PGP public keys that you add from a message
- root certificates that are included in the BlackBerry® Desktop Software
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.