- BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone
After restarting the BlackBerry smartphone or when connecting to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software the following error appears on the BlackBerry smartphone:
Built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors. Would you like to repair?
Note: If the Internal Media storage is still accessible using Mass storage mode, it is recommended to back up any important data that is on the internal memory of the BlackBerry smartphone prior to performing the steps below as this process will clear the internal storage of all data (including pictures, videos music, documents) that have been saved there.
See additional notes for instructions to transfer files using Mass Storage Mode.
When prompted by the error, select to repair. If the error continues, then complete the following steps to format the internal memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- On the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Select Device and then select Storage.
- Highlight Total Memory under Device Memory, press the menu or BlackBerry key, and select Format. Make sure that only the device memory is being formatted.
- Reboot the BlackBerry smartphone.
To transfer files from the BlackBerry Smartphone using Mass Storage Mode see the following KB articles:
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.