- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1
- From the home screen on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, touch the Gear icon in the upper right corner
- Touch Software Updates
- Touch Check for Updates
- If a software update is available, touch Download to start downloading the update
- After the download is complete, touch Install to install the update
Another method to perform software update on the BlackBerry PlayBook is by connecting it to a PC with BlackBerry Desktop Software installed.
- Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to a PC via micro USB cable.
- Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- If a new software is available, a pop-up will appear with the option to perform the update.
- Follow the instructions to perform the software update.
Note: After the install is complete the BlackBerry PlayBook may prompt to restart in order to complete the update.
Note: The BlackBerry PlayBook must be plugged in and have at least 20% battery life in order to complete the update.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.