- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Twitter® for BlackBerry® smartphones
Twitter® for BlackBerry® smartphones has a Add location to tweet feature. By enabling this feature, Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones can pinpoint the location in a neighborhood and include it in Tweets. To enable this feature, complete the following steps:
- Open Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones
- Press the Menu key and select Options
- Place a check mark by Add Location to tweet
- Press the Menu key and choose Save
After enabling the Add location to tweet option, the Add Location icon (depicted as a compass) will appear to the right of the Add Photo icon below the tweet box on the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones Home Screen.
To add or remove the current location on a new tweet:
- Select the Add Location button
- When enabled, the Add Location icon will have a white outline border around it.
- When disabled, the Add Location icon will not have a white outline border around it.
- If the current location can be determined, the location will be displayed when highlighting the Add Location icon.
- Compose the new tweet in the Whats happening? field.
- Select Tweet to post the tweet.
A tweet containing location information will have the text "From location" (where location may be the city or neighbourhood) appended to the end of the tweet. Selecting the location within a tweet or the small compass icon to the right of the tweet will open the twitter Map View.
For information on searching for Tweets that have been submitted by other users in the same geographic area see KB20707.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.