- Facebook® for BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet
Facebook® for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is an application that provides users with popular features and functionality of Facebook on their BlackBerry PlayBook. The following is a list of features that are included in Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet:
- Publish a status update or upload a photo from the status publisher accessible from the News Feed or a user’s Profile.
- The Navigation Grid is the quickest and easiest way to access the following key areas and features of Facebook:
- News Feed
- To access the Navigation Grid, tap the Navigation Grid icon, located in the top left corner of the screen.
- The notifications bar is accessible from anywhere in the application, allowing users to never miss new notifications while browsing the application.
- The notifications bar displays icons for Notifications and Incoming Chats and alerts users of new notifications by a red splat on the respective icon.
- To access these notifications, tap an icon to view a summary of the notifications that users can action with just one click.
News Feed Interactions
- Easily browse through News Feeds highlights such as photo and video uploads, status updates, as well as seamlessly view links in the Playbook browser.
- Comment and Like items in the News Feed.
Profiles and Pages
- View wall posts, information, and photos on Profiles and Pages.
- From the Wall tab users can:
- Scroll through wall posts.
- Interact with posts through comments and Likes
- Write on wall.
- Send users a message.
- From the info tab users can:
- View key information on Profiles such as email, birthday, hometown and relationship status, work and education, and key information on Pages such as number of Likes and website address.
- From the Photos tab users can:
- View, comment and Like photo albums and videos.
Note: The Wall, Info and Photo tabs can be found at the bottom of Users Profile and Pages.Friends List
- The Friends List can be viewed in two ways:
- Grid view (default)
- List view
- From the list view there is an alphabetical scrollbar for speed scrolling so friends can be found quickly.
- New Friends and Pages can be searched for and added.
- Pending Friend Requests can also be viewed and be accepted or deleted.
- Select the Messages feature from the Navigation Grid:
- Receive, compose and send new Facebook messages.
- Read and reply to previously received Facebook messages.
- View sent messages from the Outbox tab.
- View messages from Pages that users are a fan of from the Updates tab.
Note: Any actions made in Messages, including deleting a message, will occur directly to Facebook Messages. For example, if a message is deleted using Facebook for BlackBerry Playbook tablet, it will be deleted from the Facebook account and will not be able to be retrieved.
- Facebook Chat splits the screen into two separate panels for side-by-side viewing of a user's online contacts as well as active conversations.
- While browsing Facebook, notifications are received of new Chat messages in the Incoming Chat popover, located on the Navigation Bar, so they can quickly and easily be accessed.
- Ability to change online status to Online or Offline.
- To toggle the online status, swipe from the top of the screen down to display the Pull down bar.
- Tap the Options icon.
- Slide the Chat setting to On or Off.
Note: Notifications only occur while the application is opened. If closed, they will be received once the application is opened. For more information, please see KB26817 - How notifications work on Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
Photos and Video
- Upload photos and videos directly from the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- View photos and videos.
- Tag friends in photos.
- View comments, tags and likes.
Refreshing Friend Profile pages
- Profiles and Pages can be refreshed at any time by scrolling to the top of the screen and swiping down.
- A message will then be displayed to Release to refresh
Pull down menu
From the all-new Pull down menu, you can perform the following:
- Access Facebook Options.
- Logout from Facebook account.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.