- BlackBerry® News app 1.0
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™
Adding News Feed to BlackBerry News app
To subscribe to a News Feed using the News Library perform the following steps:
- Open BlackBerry News app on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Tap News Library.
- Locate the RSS feed by navigating to the desired category and RSS feed.
- When located, tap the box to the right for the desired RSS Feed to subscribe to it.
Please see KB26871 – Subscribing to an RSS Feed not included in the BlackBerry News app News Library
Deleting/Unsubscribing to a News Feed
To delete/unsubscribe to a news feed, perform the following steps:
- Open BlackBerry News app.
- From the home screen, display the pull down menu by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Select Edit.
- Select the RSS feeds to delete by tapping the RSS feed.
- Tap the Delete button.
- Tap the Delete button on the confirmation box to delete the RSS feeds.
When using the search bar in the upper right hand corner, if a key word(s) are used, the search will be performed on the entire News Library content within the BlackBerry News app, not the subscribed news feeds. If a URL is entered then a search will be performed on that website and any News Feeds found will be listed. This allows new content to easily be subscribed to.
Browsing News Library
To access the News Library:
- Open the BlackBerry News app.
- Tap the News Library tab in the upper left corner.
Identifying subscribed content
When viewing the News Library or performing a search, a subscribed news feed will be displayed with a check mark next to the feed.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.