- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
This article covers how to wipe data on a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.
Warning: Before performing a security wipe of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, be advised of the following:
- A security wipe of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will erase all data and any downloaded applications and media (Including pictures/video taken on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or transferred via a PC)
- Applications purchased through BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will still be associated to the BlackBerry ID they were purchased from but will be removed from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet upon a security wipe.
- These purchased applications can be reinstalled through BlackBerry App World at a later time. Under the Uninstalled tab, tap the Reinstall button next to the application to reload.
- Any configuration changes made to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (Including Bluetooth pairing information, settings changes, etc.) will be reset to defaults after a security wipe is performed.
- Depending on the amount of data stored and the capacity of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (16 GB/32 GB/64 GB), the security wipe may take longer than expected. Ensure that the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is plugged into the power outlet to prevent power loss during the security wipe.
- Once the security wipe has been completed, the initial setup will need to be completed before the BlackBerry Playbook can be used. For more information on completing the initial setup on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, please see KB26228.
To perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, complete the following:
- Swipe down from the top bezel or select the Settings icon.
- Tap Security > Security Wipe.
- Enter the word blackberry to confirm the Security Wipe.
- Tap Wipe Data.
- Open BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- Tap into the Search field
- Type EA Tetris and tap Return on the keyboard (Type EA Undercover to locate Need For Speed Undercover)
- Tap the Tetris for PlayBook icon (Should indicate the price is FREE)
- Tap Download
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.