- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3
- BlackBerry® Balance
There are several methods for removing BlackBerry® Enterprise Server user accounts, including those accounts which are enabled for BlackBerry® Balance.
- Login to the BlackBerry® Administration Service console
- Click Manage users
- Search for one or more users to manage
- Click the Display Name field to view the account properties
- Under Associated device properties, click the users pin (active hyperlink)
- There are two options for managing account and data removal:
- Delete all device data and remove device
- Delete only the organization data and remove device
- Select the appropriate action
- Choose one of 5 actions on the next screen under Removing users and devices and then choose, Yes - Delete or No - Do Not delete.
Note: All options remove the affected BlackBerry® smartphone data (wipe and/or scrub if Content Protection is enabled) and connection to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. This is also assuming the BlackBerry smartphone is able to be contacted, e.g. is powered on and in data coverage.
- None - Does not affect the User account or the Hidden Handheld Info folder and BlackBerry Enterprise Server account is retained. The BlackBerry smartphone PIN is set to 0 in the BlackBerry Administration Service, the BlackBerry smartphone is wiped and BlackBerry Enterprise Server association is broken
- These two options remove the BlackBerry Enterprise Server user account and removes the account from the User list
- Delete the user - Deletes the users BlackBerry Enterprise Server account but does not remove the hidden Handheld folder in users Exchange Mailbox) BlackBerry smartphone is wiped and BlackBerry Enterprise Server association is broken
- Delete the user and remove BlackBerry information from the user's messaging system - Deletes BlackBerry Enterprise Server user account and remove Hidden mailbox folder in users Exchange Mailbox)
- These two options set the user account as a BlackBerry Administration Service account only, and the Enable as BlackBerry User link will need to be clicked before the account can be assigned a BlackBerry smartphone and activated again.
- Disable as BlackBerry user - Disables user account as a BlackBerry User and retains Hidden mailbox folder in users Exchange Mailbox) BlackBerry smartphone is wiped and BlackBerry Enterprise Server association is broken
- Disable the user and remove BlackBerry information from the user's messaging system - Disables user account as a BlackBerry user and removes Hidden mailbox folder in users Exchange Mailbox) device is wiped and BlackBerry Enterprise Server association is broken
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.