- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3
- DT 1819561
BlackBerry Policy Service records error similar to the following in the Windows Event Viewer Application log:
Log Name: Application
Source: BlackBerry Policy Service
Date: 3/16/2011 7:08:07 AM
Event ID: 20000
Task Category: None
SCS::POLC_FindDigitalSignature - Error parsing the Policy
The error Description may also contain any of the following references:
- AddDigitalSignatureToPolicy - Error parsing the Policy
- POLC_UpdateBESUIDsInPolicy - Error parsing the Policy
- POLC_AddBESVersionToPolicy - Error parsing the Policy
- POLC_AddContentProtectionKeyToPolicy - Failed to parse the Policy.
- POLC_AddBESTypeFlagToPolicy - Error parsing the Policy
- POLC_AddWeakPolicyFlagToPolicy - Error parsing the Policy
The BlackBerry Policy service is unable to parse the IT Policy for a BlackBerry user that is on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server but is inactive and does not have an associated PIN number.
Only inactive BlackBerry users report the error. Active BlackBerry users will not report the error and are not impacted.
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. A resolution is currently unavailable.
There is no method available to prevent the errors from being reported in the Windows Event Viewer Application log.
Administrators can remove inactive BlackBerry users from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to prevent the errors from being reported.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.