- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino® 5.0 SP3 MR3 to 5.0 SP3 MR6
- IBM® Lotus Notes®
- DT 1885062
- DT 2386958
In the Lotus Notes® calendar, it is observed that imported holiday entries are appearing a day prior to the date on which they should appear. Upon closer inspection of the calendar documents, editing of the entries has taken place via the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
This issue may be observed following either a) a calendar slow sync or b) editing of the entry on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Imported holidays are effectively the same as an anniversary, in that they use the same AppointmentType value of 1. However the main differences between an anniversary and an imported holiday are:
- An anniversary will have StartDateTime and EndDateTime values of dd/mm/yyyy 04:00:00 and dd/mm/yyyy 20:00:00, whereas the holiday will have values of dd/mm/yyyy 00:00:01 and dd/mm/yyyy 23:59:59
- An imported holiday document will contain a field called HolidayGroup, which reflects the name of the holiday group as it appears in the Domino directory.
Following a first edit/modification of a holiday, the StartDateTime & EndDateTime values are modified to be dd/mm/yyyy 04:00:00 and dd/mm/yyyy 20:00:00 (e.g. 26/07/2011 04:00:00 and 26/07/2011 20:00:00). However following a second edit/modification of a holiday, the StartDateTime & EndDateTime values are modified to be dd-1/mm/yyyy 04:00:00 and dd-1/mm/yyyy 20:00:00 (e.g. 25/07/2011 04:00:00 and 25/07/2011 20:00:00)
The result of this second modification is the holiday now appears a day prior to the date on which they should appear.
- In the Lotus Notes application, open the holiday entry for editing.
- If required, reset the date to the correct day.
- Save the changes.
- In the Lotus Notes application, delete the holiday entry series.
- Re-import the holiday group using the "Import Holidays" option in the Lotus Notes Calendar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.