- BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront 220.127.116.11
BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 5.0
- DT 1961742
When opening the BlackBerry App World™ client on the BlackBerry® smartphone, the following message is displayed:
BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again.
This can occur if the BlackBerry smartphone is using a BlackBerry® Internet Service Lite service plan.
This can occur if the BlackBerry smartphone is missing the BlackBerry App World service book for BlackBerry device software 4.0 to 7.0.
BlackBerry® smartphones that have BlackBerry device software 6.0 and 7.0 have a setting that will permit insecure renegotiations which has been incorrectly set.
This can occur if the BlackBerry smartphone is using a BlackBerry Internet Service Lite service plan. When using the BlackBerry Internet Service Lite service plan, Wi-Fi® access is required to use BlackBerry App World from a the BlackBerry smartphones.
- Install BlackBerry App World 3.1 or higher to be able to use a Wi-Fi only only connection
- Enable Wi-Fi on the BlackBerry smartphone and connect to a Wireless Access Point.
- Contact your wireless network provider to upgrade your Blackberry service plan.
This can occur if the BlackBerry smartphone is missing the BlackBerry App World service book for BlackBerry device software 4.0 to 7.0.0.
Note: This resolution does not apply to BlackBerry device software 7.0.1 devices. See Resolution 3 for BlackBerry device software 7.0.1.
On BlackBerry device software 4.0 to 5.0:
- Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book. Once inside confirm that the service book BlackBerry App World [APPWORLD] exists.
On BlackBerry® 6 and BlackBerry® 7
- Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Service Book. Once inside confirm that the service book BlackBerry App World [APPWORLD] exists.
BlackBerry smartphones that have BlackBerry 6, BlackBerry 7 and BlackBerry 7.1 have a setting that will permit insecure renegotiation. This needs to be enabled in the device TLS Settings.
Change the setting to permit insecure negotiation by completing these steps:
- From the Home Screen of the BlackBerry smartphone select Options
- From the Options menu select Security
- Next, select Advanced Security Settings
- Select TLS
- By the box labelled Permit Insecure Renegotiation. Ensure the checkbox is ticked to enable the option.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.