- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP3
- Java® Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.5 to 1.6
- Java® Cryptography Extension
- DT 2007008
LDAP queries passed through the BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service fail because a successful bind was not completed. The following will be displayed in the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service (MDAT) log files:
<2011-06-30 14:37:37.978 EDT>::<MDS-CS_BES_MDS-CS_1>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = IPPP, HANDLER = LDAPjavax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DC, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1db0 ]; remaining name ''>
Replace the JCE Jurisdiction Policy files with the JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files:
- Download the JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files from Oracle's website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce-6-download-429243.html
- Extract the files to a common location.
- Navigate to the installation directory of Java JRE and locate the \lib\security directory and replace the Local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar files with the ones that were just extracted.
- If the Java JDK is also installed then navigate to the installation directory of Java JDK and locate the jre\lib\security directory and replace the Local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar files with the ones that were just extracted.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.