- BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365
- BlackBerry Smartphones
- DT 3257234
After an enterprise activation is completed, some calendar entries in the Microsoft Office 365 mailbox may be missing on the smartphone device.
Any Calendar items that do have a GOID (Global Object ID) property should sync correctly during a calendar slow sync, however, entries that are missing the GOID property will not sync.
Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Web Access add a GOID value to calendar items by default so any new calendar items or calendar items modified in Microsoft Outlook after the migration should automatically sync to the smartphone device.
The GOID property is being removed when exporting the mailbox from an on-premise Microsoft Exchange server to .pst in Microsoft Outlook 2010. The GOID is needed for the calendar item synchronization.
For more information about this visit the Microsoft Help and Support site and search for How to move Outlook meetings without losing the option to Send Update, Article KB2167170.
This is a behavior by design and missing calendar appointments are expected.
Use any of the workarounds suggested below to have the GOID generated for the Calendar items.
If migrating your Calendar using PST perform the steps below:
- Open original (source) Calendar.
- Create a new PST file in Outlook.
- Copy Calendar to the PST file in Outlook (instead of using export option).
- Remove Calendar entries in Office 365 mailbox.
- Move Calendar items to Office 365 mailbox from the new PST file.
For detailed instructions visit the Microsoft Help and Support site and search for:
How to move Outlook meetings without losing the option to Send Update, Article KB2167170.
- Reload the Calendar on the BlackBerry device using steps in KB16295.
Perform the following steps based on the type of the Calendar item.
- If it is a simple appointment make a change and save it.
- If you are a meeting organizer:
- Make a change in the meeting and send updates.
- Inform the attendees that the previous instances of this Calendar item should be removed manually.
- If you are a meeting attendee:
- Delete the appointment and ask the meeting organizer to send you another meeting request.
Warning: Workaround options 3 and 4 will create new GOID properties for the Calendar items. This is an acceptable way for simple appointments but will cause the following issues for meetings.
Duplicate meetings will appear in the attendees calendar upon updates.
Meetings will remain unchanged in the attendees calendar upon cancellations.
Acceptance/Declines from attendees will not be recorded in the organizer's copy of the meeting.
Perform the following steps:
- Wipe the calendar database from the smartphone device.
- Using Desktop Manager, perform one-way wired sync of calendar entries from Microsoft Outlook to device.
- After the account is moved to Microsoft Office 365, activate the smartphone device so that the calendar entries from smartphone device will sync to the Microsoft Office 365 mailbox.
Note: While importing the PST to Microsoft Office 365 mailbox, do not import the calendar database.
Manually edit the missing calendar entries in Microsoft Outlook.
To force a synchronization of multiple calendar entries, select multiple entries in Microsoft Outlook and then assign a category to the bulk selection.
This will effectively cause a modification to each appointment which will stamp the GOID property and allow multiple items to synchronize.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.