- BlackBerry Device Service 6.0 to 6.2
- BlackBerry Router Service 5.0 SP3 or higher
For organizations that have already deployed a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, those that may wish to simplify firewall configuration, or those who operate with a segmented network the BlackBerry Device Service software can be configured to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure through an existing BlackBerry Router service.
For BlackBerry Device Service 6.0 and 6.1, on the server hosting BlackBerry Device Service complete the following steps:
- Launch BlackBerry Server Configuration Tool
- Select SRP Settings Tab
- In the SRP Address field enter a remote BlackBerry Router host FQDN name or IP address
Note: The BlackBerry Router service should be at least version 5.0 SP3
- Close the BlackBerry Server Configuration Tool and restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher service
For BlackBerry Device Service 6.2, complete the following steps:
- Open the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- Expand BlackBerry Solution Topology which is located within the Servers and Components section.
- Expand BlackBerry Domain.
- Expand Component View.
- Expand BlackBerry Device Service.
- Click on your BlackBerry Device Service name.
- Click on Edit Instance.
- In the SRP Addresses section, type the FQDN of the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Router.
- If the BlackBerry Router uses a port number other than port number 3101, in the Port override field, type the port number.
- Click the Add icon.
- Click Save All.
In the Windows Services, restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
Important: Restarting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or its services may delay message delivery to BlackBerry smartphones or tablets.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.