- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino® 5.0 SP2 to SP3
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry® 7
When the BlackBerry smartphone receives an email which is a user's response to a meeting (acceptance/decline/re-scheduled etc.), the BlackBerry smartphone may encounter an exception. This will cause two things to occur:
- The unread mark count will increment
- The meeting response message will not be viewable on the BlackBerry smartphone
To verify that this is the issue collect the handheld log and look for the following log lines around the time of the issue:
guid:0xEED3AAA81F4F29F9 time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:46 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:net.rim.blackberryemail data:Recv Ee -78958753
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:46 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM:NPOEr=0x50328800,t=net.rim.device.apps.api.calendar.modelcontrollerinterface.Event
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:46 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM:NPORr=0x50199400,t=net.rim.device.apps.internal.calendar.ota.CICALMeetingAttachmentModel
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:46 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM:NPOLv=3,w=0
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:46 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM:GRPI 89 EmailPayloadModelImpl
guid:0x9C3CD62E3320B498 time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:47 2012 severity:1 type:3 app:Java Exception data:
No detail message
guid:0x19E57B17BE5FDC12 time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:43:47 2012 severity:3 type:2 app:net.rim.gme data:TXCe 65
guid:0xBEF92E11214401C3 time:(UTC) Wed Jan 04 13:44:10 2012 severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:GS-D aa7be503
- If you see a similar exception then this is probably the issue. Also compare the inbox of the device verse the inbox in IBM® Lotus Notes®.
- Is there a meeting response message in Lotus Notes that does not exist on the BlackBerry smartphone?
- Now perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry smartphone, does the unread count return to normal?
If all of the above conditions are met then this is probably the issue.
This issue was found not to be reproducible in BlackBerry smartphone software later than 18.104.22.168.
Note: If the issue is experienced on a BlackBerry Smartphone running software later than this, please contact BlackBerry Technical Support to investigate.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.