- Universal Device Service
The following steps can be followed to configure the activation email that users receive when added to the Universal Device Service.
- From the menu select the Settings tab
- Select Device Activation E-mail
- in the From email address field type the email address that you want to send the email message from. Example: email@example.com
- Within the body of the message replace <CompanyServerURL> with the publicly accessible DNS name of the computer that hosts the communication module. If you configured a custom port for the communication module (such as hostname.domain.com:port) include the port number.
- Within the message field you can update the message to include any additional information that is needed. The following variables can be used in the body of the message %DisplayName%, %UserEmailAddress%, %UserName%, %ActivationExpirationStart%, %ActivationExpirationFinish%, %ActivationPassword%
- If you create the password other then the Active Directory password for activation, you can insert the %ActivationPassword% variable in the email message to provide the password, or you can send the password to the user separately.
- Click Save.
If the publicly accessible DNS name of the computer that hosts the communication module is unknown the following steps can be performed on the server hosting the communication module:
- open a command prompt
- type the following command into the command prompt and recorded the DNS IP address: ipconfig \all
- perform a nslookup for the DNS IP address.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.