- BlackBerry® Tablet OS 188.8.131.528
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software (Mac OS)
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software (Windows)
- DT 3722904
The Desktop Software no longer detects the PlayBook as a mounted volume and the drive is not mapped to a drive letter. This causes the PlayBook to be unable to synchronize content to the device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. It also prevents the device to be listed as an accessible drive.
Desktop Manager is unable to finalize mounting the PlayBook as a drive.
Connect PlayBook to PC via USB cable
On the PlayBook:
- From the Home Screen swipe down from the top of the screen
- Select About on the left side of the screen
- Select the drop down on the right side of the screen
- Select network and note the IPv4 under USB
- On a Windows computer
Open the Run dialog box (shortcut of Windows Key + R) and type file:\\169.254.x.x or \\169.254.x.x (where 169.254.x.x should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook obtained from step 4 above)
On a Mac computer
Select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://169.254.x.x (where 169.254.x.x should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook obtained from step 4 above above)
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.