- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0
- BlackBerry® smartphone
The Hide Sent Messages lock is toggled from the BlackBerry® Device Software configuration option within the BlackBerry® Administration Service console. As such, the BlackBerry smartphone is assigned to a BlackBerry Device Software configuration.
- Find the software configuration that is currently assigned to the affected BlackBerry smartphone.
- Select the application containing the BlackBerry Device Software under Name.
- Select the BlackBerry Device Software under BlackBerry Device Software configuration.
- Click on Edit BlackBerry Device Software configuration under the Configuration information tab.
- Under Hide sent messages - attributes, select the drop down and change it from Read-only and Visible to Editable and Visible.
- Click Save all.
- Go to Manage deployment job tasks and verify that the Hide sent email messages job is created.
- Wait until the job status changes from Ready to deliver to Success.
- Confirm that the lock is now removed from the Hide Sent Messages setting on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Removing the BlackBerry smartphone from the software configuration with the BlackBerry Device Software Configuration or performing a security wipe will also remove the lock from the Hide Sent Messages setting from the BlackBerry smartphone.
For more information on how to perform a security wipe see KB14058.
Another way to change the BlackBerry Device Software configuration is by selecting Manage BlackBerry Device Software configuration within the BlackBerry Administration Service console. Since multiple BlackBerry Device Software bundles can be assigned to the same BlackBerry Device Software configuration, changing the settings within the Configuration information tab can potentially affect multiple BlackBerry smartphones.
Note: The BlackBerry Device Software configuration is not required to have BlackBerry Device Software bundles for the settings to work within the Configuration information tab.
For more information on BlackBerry Device Software configuration see KB20556.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.