- BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10, 10.1, 10.2
- Microsoft ActiveSync 2.5 - 14.1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (limited supportability)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and 2007 SP1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and 2010 SP1
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
BlackBerry 10 supports the Microsoft ActiveSync policies listed below for the indicated Microsoft ActiveSync and Microsoft Exchange Server configurations.
If the Microsoft ActiveSync account is within the Personal Perimeter (personal email account), the RemoteWipe command will wipe all contents on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone. If the Microsoft ActiveSync account is within the Work Perimeter (enrolled on a BlackBerry Device Service server), then the RemoteWipe will only wipe the Microsoft ActiveSync account from the Work Perimeter.
Microsoft ActiveSync 2.5 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2
Functional limitations and known issues exist when BlackBerry ActiveSync client in BlackBerry 10 smartphone utilizes ActiveSync protocol connection to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2.
BlackBerry Compatibility Matrix lists BlackBerry ActiveSync client for Exchange ActiveSync 2.5 as limited support only. See Compatibility Matrix guide page 11 for details - Mail servers for BlackBerry 10 OS compatibility matrix guide.
- Direct Push
- Email sync
- Calendar sync
- Contacts sync
- Tasks Sync
- Remote wipe
- Sync multiple folders
- GAL lookup
- SSL encrypted transmission
Although compatible, it is recommended to upgrade Exchange ActiveSync server to 12.0 or higher to utilize added functionality and avoid synchronization issues with Exchange ActiveSync 2.5 connections.
Microsoft ActiveSync 12.0 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- User started remote wipe (server side)
- HTML email
- Server Search
- Set Out of Facility/Office (OOF)
- Follow-up flags
- Meeting attendee information
- Bandwidth reduction
- Purge Deleted Items
- AllowAttachementDownload (client side)
- Maximum attachment size
- Allow simple password
- Password expiration (days)
- Enforce password history
- Encrypt storage card
Microsoft ActiveSync 12.1 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1
- Bandwidth reductions (compressed/removed headers) Partial
- S/MIME13 Only supported through BDS
- Allow device encryption
- Require device encryption
- Minimum number of complex characters
- Include past email items (Days)
- Include past calendar items (Days)
- Require manual sync while roaming
Microsoft ActiveSync 14.0 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Conversation View
- Free/Busy lookup
- Notes sync
Microsoft ActiveSync 14.1 with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Block/Allow/Quarantine List (device info)
BlackBerry Device Service policies will win over any personal policy settings if present on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
If multiple Personal ActiveSync policies are applied, the most secure will take place.
Note: IT administrators can view or configure Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync mailbox policy properties using this Microsoft Support article.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.