- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.0 and 10.1
- BlackBerry 10 smartphones
The following error appears when attempting to add a BlackBerry World application from the BlackBerry Administration Service console:
The specified application could not be published. Java and Android applications are not supported.
Check under Required Device Software in BlackBerry World to confirm whether the application is for use on the BlackBerry 10 OS. Applications for BlackBerry 10 smartphones will specify BB10 Smartphone: 10.1.0 or higher.
Applications that display Operating System: 4.5.0 or higher are Java applications and are not supported for use on the BlackBerry 10 OS.
If the application can be found in BlackBerry World storefront from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone but not from BlackBerry World on a computer, perform the following to retrieve the URL:
- Open BlackBerry World on BlackBerry 10 smartphone and search for the application.
- Select the application.
- Tap the action menu button (3 vertical dots).
- Tap Share and select an email account.
- Send the email message to an email that can be accessed on the computer.
- Copy and paste the URL from the email to the BlackBerry World URL field within the BlackBerry Administration Service console for publishing.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.