- BBM for Android
- BBM for iPhone
- iPod touch
- BBM for Windows Phone
The following can cause this issue:
- An issue occurred during the installation of the BBM application.
- The date, time, or year is set incorrectly on the device which is causing the authentication process to fail.
- The device is unable to connect to the BBM Infrastructure.
- There are a number of Android specific settings that can affect the Setting up BBM process.
A beta version of BBM for Android has been installed but you are not enrolled in the beta program.
Resolution for Cause 1
Uninstall and re-install the BBM application.
Visit www.BBM.com to locate to the latest version of BBM.
Resolution for Cause 2
Check the date, time, and year settings on the device to ensure that each is correct. To locate or modify these settings, see product documentation or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Resolution for Cause 3
The process of Setting up BBM requires an active data connection to the BBM Infrastructure over port 443 or port 5061.
If the device has less than a full signal, move to an area with better coverage. If the current Wi-Fi network or cellular network does not support this type of connection, select another Wi-Fi network (if available) or toggle between the Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
Note: If the device is in Airplane mode, with all wireless radios turned off, disable Airplane mode before attempting to setup BBM.
Resolution for Cause 4
See the "Additional Information" section of KB35250 for more information on these settings.
Resolution for Cause 5 (Applies to BBM for Android only)
Uninstall the beta version of BBM for Android and reinstall the latest publically released version of BBM for Android.
Visit the Google Play or www.BBM.com/Android to install the latest publically released version of BBM for Android.
If the issue remains after attempting the Resolution steps above, contact BlackBerry Technical Support Services by completing the following steps:
- Visit one of the following links depending on the device being used:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Under the Need More Help? heading, click the Contact us for additional assistance button.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.