- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry Protect
- BlackBerry World
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
BlackBerry smartphone users may experience issues with BlackBerry services (for example, BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry ID, BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry World storefront, etc.). This article provides information to help troubleshoot BlackBerry services issues.
Regarding use of BlackBerry Software: Individuals working in a retail support capacity may assist customers with updating, backing up, restoring and reloading their software by providing the appropriate KB, if applicable, and using customer’s hardware ONLY. In order to protect the privacy of customer data, only the BlackBerry Virtual Expert tool should be used.
Note: BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Link are for customer use only.
The first step in resolving a customer issue is to perform a physical inspection of the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB35521.
The following articles provide information to help with general troubleshooting:
The following articles provide information to help with advanced troubleshooting:
- KB33201 - How to change between Personal perimeter and Work perimeter on a BlackBerry 10 device
- KB30076 - How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB33731 - Unable to remove the work perimeter password after it has been set on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB26361 - How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
- KB28111 - Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
- KB28685 - How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
- KB33461 - Unable to establish trust with the BlackBerry ID servers. Please try again." is displayed when attempting to log into BlackBerry ID
- KB33466 - Unable to establish trust with the BlackBerry ID servers. Please check your time/date settings and try again." is displayed when attempting to log into BlackBerry ID
- KB35103 - How to reset the BlackBerry ID account on BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android if the Password Recovery Answer is unknown
- KB34776 - Resetting the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question for BBM for iPhone or BBM for Android
- KB28543 - Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices
- KB25231 - Supported browsers for the BlackBerry Protect end user portal
- KB25064 - How to use BlackBerry Protect to determine the location of a BlackBerry smartphone
- KB31273 - Unable to view the location of the device from the BlackBerry Protect website
- KB33625 - "ppdlg.PAYPAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN" is displayed when making a BlackBerry World purchase using PayPal
- KB33643 - BlackBerry ID or BlackBerry World payment details pages experience a loading indicator that constantly spins
- KB34939 - Applications purchased via BlackBerry World are not available for download on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB34242 - "You have reached the maximum number of PIN changes for this account" is displayed when attempting to login to BlackBerry World on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB34886 - "Unable to complete update, please try again later. Unable to connect to payment service" appears when attempting to access Payment Options in BlackBerry World on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- KB33818 - Downloaded applications in BlackBerry World are stuck in an Installing state or cannot be cancelled or removed from the download list
- KB33705 - BlackBerry World applications cannot be downloaded and installed from the BlackBerry World - Work application
- KB33585 - BlackBerry World movie previews are rotated 90 degrees and stuck sideways when viewed over HDMI
- KB34928 - Album art is not displaying for music purchased on BlackBerry World
- For User Guides, Visual Demonstrations, and Tutorials, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model.
- Additional help may be found on the BlackBerry smartphone's Help application.
Searching for other possible solutions
If a solution is not found by using the information or articles linked above, use the following tips to effectively search the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for a solution:
- Use the customer's words.
- For example, BlackBerry will not turn on instead of The device will not boot or startup.
- Use keywords and be straight to the point (avoid filler).
- For example,
When theBlackBerry has been turned off itwill not turn on
- For example,
- Use quotes to search for an exact set of words.
- For example, Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding finds many articles, but "Application net_rim_bb_vvm is not responding" finds only the article with the exact error.
- Refine search results by entering another search in the Search Within search box or by selecting the applicable product from the Focus Your Results section in the left sidebar.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.