- BBM 220.127.116.11
- BlackBerry 7
- BlackBerry 6
- BlackBerry Device Software 5.0
Any BlackBerry Messenger update must follow the same method that was used to install the previous version. If BBM is being pushed to a BlackBerry smartphone from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, then this update and all future updates must use the same method.
If users update BBM through BlackBerry World after BBM was pushed to the smartphone, users will receive a JVM error after they update BBM and the BBM icon will be missing. To restore BBM, the BBM .cod files must be deleted from the device and BBM must be re-installed.
To recover the BlackBerry smartphone from the JVM 529 state select Continue. Once the device has finished booting complete the steps outlined below:
- In the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, remove BBM from the software configuration for this user.
- On the user’s smartphone, go to Options > Device > Application Management.
- Scroll to BlackBerry Messenger.
- Click the Menu key > Delete. If the Delete key isn’t listed, restart the device and repeat steps 2-3.
- Restart the device.
- Reinstall BBM using the desired method.
Note: Any existing chats will be deleted but the contacts and groups will be restored.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.