- BlackBerry World storefront
- BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- JI 544761
The following error message is displayed on the BlackBerry device:
There were problems completing this purchase. Please select a different payment method
This can occur in any of the following situations:
- When attempting to purchase an application from BlackBerry World using a credit card on the smartphone.
- When attempting to purchase an application from BlackBerry World using a credit card or PayPal on the tablet.
- When setting up a new credit card payment method on the smartphone.
- When setting up a new credit card or PayPal payment method on the tablet.
This error message indicates that an error occurred when validating the payment method.
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Use an alternate payment method.
The following article is for a different issue with a similar error message:
KB27348 - "There was a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction has not been processed. Please try again later (Error Id: 13000)" is encountered when attempting to purchase an application from BlackBerry World.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.