- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- Microsoft® Data Access Components (MDAC)
The BlackBerry Configuration Database and the BlackBerry Management Database require MDAC. MDAC includes the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) drivers.
There are three ways to determine the version of MDAC on the server:
- Download and install the Component Checker Tool. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 301202.
Note: Component Checker will return unknown as the Component Checker Tool has not yet been updated by Microsoft to work with Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003 SP2.
- Check the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess\FullInstallVer
- Check the version of any dynamic-link library (DLL) files in C:\program files\common files\system\msadc
Note: Downloading and installing the Component Checker Tool is the more reliable and preferred method to determine the MDAC version.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.