- BlackBerry smartphones
This procedure will delete third-party applications from the BlackBerry smartphone:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to the Options menu (this may also be Settings > Options).
- Complete the appropriate following step for the version of BlackBerry Device Software:
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or earlier, go to Options > Applications.
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 4.7, go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications.
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, go to Options > Applications> then select Third Party.
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry 6 to 7.1, go to Options > Device > Application Management, or using Universal Search type Application Management select Options > Application Management and highlight the application.
- Press the Menu key and select Delete. When prompted to restart the smartphone, select Yes.
If the application is not listed in the application list:
- Display the menu (click the trackwheel or click the Menu button) and select Modules.
- Select the software module to be deleted.
- Display the menu and select Delete.
For information on using the application loader tool in BlackBerry Desktop Software, please see the BlackBerry Desktop Software User Guide found at http://docs.blackberry.com.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.