- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 2
A security alert prompts the installation of a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate.
The BlackBerry Mobile Data System (MDS) Services use Hypertext Transfer Protocol over Secure Sockets Layer (HTTPS). In order for BlackBerry MDS Services to operate, the SSL certificate needs to be installed.
Perform the following steps to install the SSL certificate:
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Click the BlackBerry MDS Services Uniform Resource Identifier (URL).
- When prompted to accept the SSL Certificate, click View Certificate.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Click Next.
- Click Next, leaving the default option for automatic selection.
- Click Next then Finish.
- Select Yes to install the certificate and then click OK.
- Click Yes to proceed.
- Type the administrator user name and password (This account was created during the installation of BlackBerry MDS Services.) The page will open displaying an error.
- Restart BlackBerry Manager.
- Log in with the administrator account.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.