- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 to 4.1 SP7 for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry smartphone
To synchronize contacts between Microsoft Outlook® and a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator should complete the following steps:
- Verify that the Microsoft XML Parser is version 4.10.9404.0 or later. The Microsoft XML Parser version can be verified on the computer hosting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server by clicking Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Install Microsoft XML Parser 4.1 or 4.2 onto the BlackBerry Enterprise Server if it is not version 4.10.9404.0 or later.
- Restart the BlackBerry Synchronization Service on the computer hosting the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Important: Restarting certain BlackBerry Enterprise Server services delays email message delivery to BlackBerry smartphones. For more information, see KB04789.
- Ask the BlackBerry smartphone user to delete the Desktop [SYNC] service book from the BlackBerry smartphone, then undelete it by completing the following steps:
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
- Highlight Desktop [SYNC], display the menu and click Delete.
- Confirm the delete before exiting the Service Book option.
- Navigate back to the Service Book option, display the menu and click Undelete.
This issue can occur if the transaction log becomes full or if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is unable to write to the database.
The following table lists the Microsoft XML Parser filenames and associated version numbers:
|Microsoft XML Parser file||Microsoft XML Parser Filename||Microsoft XML Parser Version|
|4.0 SP1 (4.0.1)||Msxml4.dll||4.10.9404.0|
|4.0 SP2 (4.0.2)||Msxml.dll||4.20.9818.0|
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.