- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- BlackBerry smartphones
All email messages received on the BlackBerry® smartphone, whether they are associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or with a BlackBerry Internet Service account, are displayed in the Messages folder by default. In addition, the BlackBerry Internet Service creates a separate icon to display only email messages sent to integrated email accounts.
In BlackBerry® 6 and some versions of BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, users have the ability to filter email accounts out of the Messages list.
- Open Messages.
- Press the Menu button and select Options.
- Open Inbox Settings, Main Message List Settings or Inbox Management (depending on your BlackBerry Device Software version).
- Uncheck any email accounts you do not wish to display in the Messages list.
- Email for unchecked accounts can now only be viewed through their individual icons.
Note: You can also choose to not display SMS and MMS messages in the Messages list.
On a BlackBerry smartphone associated with BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP5 to 4.1 SP6, the administrator can add an icon to the Home screen of the smartphone to display only email messages that are sent to and received from the organization's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For instructions, see KB15003.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.