- BlackBerry® smartphone
You are unable to send Short Message Service (SMS) messages from the BlackBerry® smartphone, but able to receive them. When attempting to send an SMS message, a red X is displayed beside the message, indicating that it has not been sent successfully.
When opening the unsent SMS message, the following error message is displayed:
Network out of order
This error may occur when attempting to send the SMS message over the service provider's Global System for Mobile Communications® (GSM) network.
Attempt to send the SMS message using the General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) network. To perform this, complete the following steps:
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, navigate to Options > SMS.
- Scroll to the field Network To Send Over.
- Open the menu and select Change Option. Change the value of the field to GPRS.
- Open the menu and select Save.
- Attempt to send another SMS message.
If the issue persists, contact your service provider for further assistance.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.