- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 5.0
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0, 4.1, and 5.0
- BlackBerry smartphones
The enterprise activation process (wireless or wired) does not complete as the slow synchronization process does not start. The BlackBerry® smartphone will be able to send and receive messages, but the slow synchronization of user account data will not start.
The BlackBerry Synchronization Service is not running.
Determine if the BlackBerry Synchronization Service is running. To do this, perform the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, open Control Panel.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Click the Services applet.
- Confirm that Status appears as Started. If Started is not displayed, start the process and then confirm that it has successfully started.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.