- BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
During the installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the following error message appears:
Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete the installation before continuing this one.
The error can occur when the Windows Installer service is not working properly.
Another Windows Installer application is currently running, or may have created a registry key called InProgress. This key is located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer.
Note: To perform the following steps, one must be logged in with administrator permissions.
Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
Under Computer Management, expand Services and Applications.
In the right pane, right-click Windows Installer and select Properties. To help find Windows Installer, sort the list of services by name.
From the Startup Type drop-down list, select Disabled. By default, the Startup Type is set to Manual.Note: The Service status field is set to Started even though it is not running.
Restart the computer. The Windows Installer service is now disabled and will not start with the computer.
Repeat the previous steps but change the Startup Type to Manual.
- Close any installations that are running in the background and resume the installation. If there are no installations running in the background, restart the computer and resume the installation.
- Delete the InProgress key and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
- To delete the InProgress key, complete the following steps:
- Go to Start > Run
- Type regedit.
- Click OK.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer.
- Delete the InProgress key.
If restarting the computer does not work, open the Task Manager and end the msiexec.exe process. There are usually three msiexec.exe processes.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.