- BlackBerry® smartphone
The spell check feature is not functioning on the BlackBerry smartphone. The Spell Check item is not listed under the Options menu, or it is listed with no options available.
There is corrupt data on the BlackBerry smartphone.
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
- Back up all data on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB12487.
- Remove all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02318.
- If necessary, disable automatic wireless backup on the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. To disable automatic wireless backup:
For Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1:
a. In the left pane of BlackBerry Manager, click a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
b. On the Users tab, double-click a user account.
c. Click PIM Sync.
d. Click Automatic Wireless Backup Enabled.
e. In the drop-down list, click False.
f. Click OK.
For Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP2:
a. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, expand User in the BlackBerry Solution Management menu.
b. Click Manage users.
c. Search for a user account.
d. In the search results, click the display name for the user account.
e. Click Edit user.
f. In the Messaging configuration section, click Default configuration.
g. Click the Organizer data synchronization tab in the General section.
h. In the Automatic wireless backup turned on drop-down list, select No.
i. Click Continue to user information edit.
j. Click Save all.
4. If necessary, activate the BlackBerry smartphone on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For instructions, please refer to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guides found here.
5. If necessary, restore individual databases from the backup file. For instructions, see KB10339 and refer to the instructions on restoring individual databases to the BlackBerry smartphone.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall the BlackBerry smartphone software. For instructions, see KB03621.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.