- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.1 to 5.0
To change the default Internet browser on a BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
Note: Links in email messages open using the default internet browser.
- Click Options or Settings.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Browser.
In the Browser application, the following options are available:
Default browser configuration
- The browser that is used when the Browser application on the BlackBerry smartphone is opened.
Default BlackBerry® Mobile Data System browser configuration
- The browser that is used when an intranet address is accessed. The BlackBerry smartphone must be activated on a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for this feature to be available.
Default WAP browser configuration
- The browser that is used to access the Internet or intranet on the wireless service provider's network that the BlackBerry smartphone is registered on.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.