- BlackBerry® smartphone
To create a new keystore password, complete the following steps:
- Perform a backup of your BlackBerry® smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- Perform a security wipe on the BlackBerry® smartphone. For instructions, see KB02318.
- Restore the backup to your BlackBerry® smartphone using the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- Activate the BlackBerry® smartphone over the wireless network. For instructions, please refer to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guides found here.
- If prompted, enter a new password on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Navigate to the Options/Security Options/Key Stores on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
- When prompted create a new keystore password.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.