- BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System 5.0 (MVS)
- BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System 5.1 (MVS)
After the BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System Client (MVS) is installed on the BlackBerry® smartphone, the BlackBerry MVS client is unable to send the registration message automatically to the BlackBerry MVS server.
The issue could be related to one of the following causes:
- The BlackBerry MVS client did not install completely.
- The BlackBerry MVS user account is not configured correctly on the BlackBerry MVS Server.
- The Desktop (BBSIP) service book is not present on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- On BlackBerry 5.0, from the Home screen click Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
- On BlacKberry 6.0, from the Home screen click Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book
The BlackBerry MVS client did not install completely.
See KB15476 for instructions on how to install the BlackBerry MVS client.
The BlackBerry MVS user account is not configured correctly on the BlackBerry MVS Server.
- In the MVS Console, in the left pane, expand Users.
- Click Manage.
- Click the user account.
- On the General tab, verify the following information is correct:
- MVS Server
- Telephony Connector
The Desktop (BBSIP) service book is not present on the BlackBerry smartphone
Resend the BlackBerry service books from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server by following the instructions discussed in KB03577 .
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.