- BlackBerry® Desktop Software (Mac OS)
Completion of the following tasks deletes all BlackBerry® smartphone user data, removes all applications and third-party applications, and then reloads all default applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. For information on backing up data on the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB18776 .
Note: BlackBerry® Device Software can only be reloaded if the wireless service provider offers BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 or later.
Note: Internet access is required on the Mac computer that the BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on, to receive updates for the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the Mac computer and open the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.
- Click Applications.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Click Show Other Versions.
- Select the current version of BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on the BlackBerry smartphone and click Select.
- Click the arrow next to Reload Options. Clear the Backup and restore device data and Back up and restore third-party applications check boxes. Click Reload.
- Once the reload completes, the user can then come back to this menu and select applications to be installed by clicking Install/Remove Applications. Check all applications to be reinstalled on the BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.