- BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS (version 4.5 to 7.1)
- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Mac OS
Warning: The following procedure will delete all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing this procedure. For instructions, see KB18776.
Note: Internet access is required on the computer in order for BlackBerry Desktop Software to locate updates for the BlackBerry smartphone.
To clean reload the BlackBerry Device Software, complete the following steps:
- Connect the smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
Note: If the smartphone is turned off or in a state where it cannot start up and it is connected to the BlackBerry Desktop Software, a prompt will ask if you would like to Cancel, Repair, or Retry the connection. Select Repair to start the clean reload process.
- Click Applications.
Note: Once the reload process is completed, you can return to this menu and click Install/Remove Applications to reinstall specific applications to the smartphone.
- Click Check for Updates > Show Other Versions.
Note: The Show Other Versions button will be dimmed and unavailable if the connected smartphone does not have any available software updates.
- Select the current version of BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on the BlackBerry smartphone and click Select.
- Click the arrow next to Reload Options.
- Clear the Backup and restore device data and Back up and restore third-party applications check boxes.
- Click Reload.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.