- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.1
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 7.0
The option to synchronize certificates using BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 is not available.
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 or later reintroduced certificate synchronization.
Upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software. Click Here
If the option is not shown follow these steps:
- Select the Tools menu
- Select Desktop Options
- Plase a checkmark in the box labled Use Certification Synchronization
The certificate can be emailed to the smartphone if S/MIME support is installed. You can export the certificates from Windows® Internet Explorer® on your computer using the steps below:
- Open Windows Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools.
- Select Internet options.
- Select the Content tab.
- Select the Certificates button.
- Select the certificate you wish to export and press Export.
- Follow the wizard instructions. If this is a private certificate used for authentication you will need to ensure you select Yes, export the private key.
- Once the certificate is exported, attach it to an email and address it to the smartphone needing the certificate.
It is also possible to download the certificate directly from the certificate authority (CA) if the certificate authority allows web access.
If your organization uses a BlackBerry Enterprise Server you can configure it to permit BlackBerry smartphones to enroll for certificates. For more information please see the "Configuring BlackBerry devices to enroll certificates over the wireless network" section of the Administration guide for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server located in our documentation site.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.