- BlackBerry® 6
- BlackBerry® 7
- BlackBerry® 7.1
- Java® based BlackBerry® smartphones
This knowledge base article explains the previous and next message shortcut keys for BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0 and 7.0:
|Move to the next message down the message list||Press N|
|Move to the next message up the message list||Press P|
|Move to the next message down the message list||Slide your finger to the Right*|
|Move to the next message up the message list||Slide your finger to the Left*|
Note: This is the intended functionality for BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7.
* This only applies to BlackBerry smartphones that have a touchscreen. This feature is disabled by default on BlackBerry smartphones with 7.1 handheld software.
To enable the Swipe Between Messages feature, follow the steps below:
- From the Home Screen select Messages
- Click the Menu key
- Select Options
- Select Message Display and Actions
- Check the box next to Swipe Between Messages
- Click the Menu key and select Save or click the escape (back) key and select Save
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.