- BlackBerry ID
BlackBerry ID is a single, master key to BlackBerry products, sites, services and applications, including BlackBerry Protect and the BlackBerry World storefront.
To create a BlackBerry ID from a computer, complete the following steps:
Note: It is recommended that the email address used for the Username, can be accessed through a computer browser to keep record of account notification emails.
- From a computer, browse to www.bbid.com and click the link to Create a BlackBerry ID online.
- Complete the required fields on the BlackBerry ID - Signup page, then click Submit.
- The Screen Name is a unique display name used to provide a way to identify the BlackBerry user's presence in various BlackBerry products and services without revealing any personal information (for example: When writing a review for an application in BlackBerry World).
- The Username is the BlackBerry ID account login name as well as the account's associated email address.
- When creating a BlackBerry ID, the Password cannot match the Password Recovery Question or Answer.
- A confirmation message will be displayed advising that the BlackBerry ID has been created successfully, click OK to continue. This will also send a confirmation email to the email address used for the accounts Username.
- As part of the BlackBerry ID creation process, an email will be sent asking to validate the email address used as the BlackBerry ID Username. To validate the email address, click the link within the email message and when prompted enter the BlackBerry ID password.
Note: The link within the validation email will expire after a 24 hour period. Be sure to click on the validation link before the link expires. If the validation email in step 4 does not arrive in the email inbox, be sure it has not been blocked by a local or Internet Service Provider SPAM or junk filter.
Applications that require a BlackBerry ID will also have a process to setup a new account from within the application. Refer to that applications User Guide for more information on how to complete this. See the BlackBerry Documentation section of the BlackBerry.com website for the appropriate User Guide.
For recommendations on creating a strong password, see KB24331.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.