- BlackBerry ID
BlackBerry ID is a single, master key to BlackBerry products, sites, services and applications, including BlackBerry Protect™ and the BlackBerry App World™ storefront.
Complete the following steps to create a BlackBerry ID:
Note: It is recommended that the email address being used, can be accessed through a desktop browser to keep record of the account notification emails.
- From a computer, browse to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid and click the link to Register for a BBID.
- Review the BlackBerry ID Terms and Conditions, then click I Agree to continue.
- Complete the required fields on the BlackBerry ID sign-up page, then click Save.
Note: The Screen Name is a unique display name used to provide a way to identify the BlackBerry user's presence in various BlackBerry products and services without revealing any personal information. (Ex. When writing a review for an application in BlackBerry App World)
Note: The Username is the BlackBerry ID accounts login name as well as the accounts associated email address.
Note: When creating a BlackBerry ID, the account password can not match either the recovery question or recovery answer.
- A confirmation message will be displayed advising that the BlackBerry ID has been created successfully, click OK to continue. This will also send a confirmation email to the email address used for the accounts Username.
- As part of the BlackBerry ID creation process, an email will be sent asking to validate the email address used as the BlackBerry ID Username. To validate the email address, click the link within the email message and when prompted enter the BlackBerry ID password.
Note: The link within the validation email will expire after a 24 hour period. Please be sure to click on the validation link before the link expires. If the validation email in step 5 does not arrive in the email inbox, please be sure it has not been blocked by a local or Internet Service Provider SPAM or junk filter.
Applications that require a BlackBerry ID will also have a process to setup a new account from within the application. Refer to that applications User Guide for more information on how to complete this. See the BlackBerry Documentation section of the BlackBerry.com website for the appropriate User Guide.
For recommendations on creating a strong password, see KB24331
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.