- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 to SP4
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1
- BlackBerry Collaboration Service
- DT 1039056
The BlackBerry Collaboration Service starts and then stops as it is attempting to provision itself within the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment if the connector is configured for TLS. The following error is returned:
BlackBerry OCSConnector configuration complete with error=4, Error: The trusted services of this type have been corrupted. Multiple instances with same fqdn server.example.com found
<2010-11-22 21:16:33.168 EST>::<BBIM_COMPONENTSERVER_BBIM_1>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = BBIM, [OCSC] Error: The trusted services of this type have been corrupted. Multiple instances with same fqdn server.example.com found>
<2010-11-22 21:16:33.214 EST>::<BBIM_COMPONENTSERVER_BBIM_1>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = BBIM, [OCSC] BlackBerry OCSConnector will terminate...>
<2010-11-22 21:16:33.214 EST>::<BBIM_COMPONENTSERVER_BBIM_1>:<INFO >:<LAYER = BBIM, [BBCS] BlackBerry OCSConnector configuration complete with error=4, Error: The trusted services of this type have been corrupted. Multiple instances with same fqdn server.example.com found>
The default Microsoft Active Directory path to where the Trusted Services entries are listed:
CN=Trusted Services,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=example,DC=com
Another location is:
CN=Trusted Services,CN=RTC Service,CN=Microsoft,CN=System,DC=example,DC=com
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BBIM\bin
The Application Provisioner can assist in debugging some of the Trusted Services issues. Run the Application Provisioner with RIMMSConnector to view the current entries for the local BlackBerry Enterprise Server in the Trusted Services container. If the error listed in this KB currently exists, the Application Provisioner may show the exact same error.
To report on the Trusted Services container by using the LDP.exe application:
- Start the LDP.exe application from the Run menu.
- Connect to a Domain Controller, then Bind with a user that has the proper credentials.
- Select View Tree, then select the desired BaseDN.
- Choose CN=Configuration from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- In the left pane, expand CN=Configuration > CN=Services > CN=RTC Service > CN=Trusted Services
- Right-click on CN=Trusted Services and select Search.
- In the Filter: section, replace (objectclass=*) with (msRTCSIP-TrustedServiceType=RIMMSConnector).
- In the Attributes section, replace the contents with: Cn;objectCategory;objectClass;name;description;canonicalName;msRTCSIP-Routable;msRTCSIP-TrustedServerFQDN;msRTCSIP-TrustedServiceType;whenCreated;whenChanged;msRTCSIP-TrustedServicePort;msRTCSIP-TrustedServiceFlags;msRTCSIP-TrustedServerVersion;msRTCSIP-RoutingPoolDN.
- Click the Run button.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.