- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP2
- BlackBerry smartphones
- DT 1649532
After configuring the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to allow access to HTTPS sites with untrusted certificates, the following error is displayed when attempting to browse to an HTTPS site with an untrusted certificate:
Access Denied: Insecure SSL Request
Your MDS has been configured to deny SSL requests to servers that have certificates which are untrusted or expired. Try using device side SSL which can be modified in your TLS Options.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server is unable to properly process the Service URL value.
Configure the following IT policy rules to implement a server-side workaround:
- TLS Disable Invalid Connection = Prompt
- TLS Disable Weak Ciphers = Prompt
- TLS Prevent Unmatched Domain Name = Prompt
- TLS Device Side Only = Yes
- TLS Disable Weak Digests = Prompt
- TLS Disable Untrusted Connection = Prompt
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.