- BlackBerry Tablet OS
- BlackBerry PlayBook™
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry Desktop Software (Mac OS)
To downgrade from PlayBook 2.0 OS to Official 1.0.8 OS Retail Consumer release, please do the following:
- Turn off the device.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Connect the device to a computer via USB.
- Enter the Device Password (if prompted).
- When Desktop Software prompts that it "Cannot connect to the BlackBerry PlayBook™", choose Update.
- Enter email address or Uncheck Yes to, "Email me when new versions are available."
- Click Install if using Windows, select Repair if using Mac.
- This does not apply to developers who have received a BlackBerry PlayBook with 2.0 beta pre-installed as developers are able to downgrade at any time.
- Prior to upgrading to a Beta release of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS, it is always advisable to perform a full backup that can be used to restore a device after downgrading.
- Backups of a higher release BlackBerry PlayBook OS should not be restored onto a lower OS release, this may cause undesired behavior do to differences in application version revisions and changes to settings and options. KB26134 explains How to backup data on a BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Starting from when BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 is installed, please allow 24 hours to pass before downgrading the PlayBook back to official released OS, otherwise the BlackBerry PlayBook will reapply the upgrade during the first boot-up after the downgrade has been installed.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.