- BlackBerry Desktop Software (Windows)
- BlackBerry Device Software
A reload of BlackBerry Device Software without using BlackBerry Desktop Software can be performed using the following methods:
- Using the Application Loader after installing the specific Device software package for the BlackBerry smartphone
- Using the BlackBerry Update website
To reload using the Device Software package, perform the following steps:
- Download and install the appropriate BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service provider. To select the correct wireless service provider, navigate to the following link: http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
- When the installation is completed, start the Application Loader Wizard. For computers using a 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system: Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ AppLoader and double click Loader.exe For computers using a 64-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system: Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and double click Loader.exe
- Follow the on-line steps in Application Loader.
- When the prompt comes up to back up the information select Do not back up data.
- At the last page before hitting finish click Advanced.
- Select to delete all third party application and all data applications.
- Click Finish
Update the Blackberry smartphone using the BlackBerry Update site:
- Launch the Internet Explorer web browser
- Go to www.blackberry.com/update
- Select the Update your software Button. If not already installed, you will be prompted to download and install a Microsoft ActiveX control from Research In Motion that will allow Internet Explorer to communicate with the attached BlackBerry smartphone. It will confirm your BlackBerry smartphone model and carrier, check for an available update, download the application loader and Smartphone software if available and begin the install wizard.
- When prompted to install an update, select Get update.
- Select Install Update.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.