- BlackBerry Desktop Software Version 7 to 7.1
- BlackBerry Device Software 126.96.36.1995 to 188.8.131.520
- DT 5793475
BlackBerry Desktop Software 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 may display the error:
An error has occurred during an attempt to update a device database record.
When attempting to synchronize contacts from Outlook. This error message occurs when the BlackBerry smartphone has BlackBerry Device Software 18.104.22.1685 and 22.214.171.1240.
BlackBerry 6 to 7.1 smartphones will not display an error during sync, but Email fields in contacts that contained website URLs will be blank on the BlackBerry smartphone after sync.
The Outlook Contact has a URL (e.g. http://www.example.com instead of email@example.com) where an email address is expected in one or more of the Email fields.
The email is inputted in the the Display As field while the Email field is blank.
- In Outlook>Contacts, remove URL addresses from the Email field(s) for any impacted contact.
- Move URL addresses into the Web page address field in Outlook.
- In BlackBerry Desktop Software, Sync the Contacts
Move or copy and past the email from the Display As field into the Email field
Note: Verify that Email 2 and 3 are not experiencing the same display format
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.