- BlackBerry 10 OS
The default Input Language cannot be removed from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Under Settings > Language and Input > Input Languages > the Add/Remove Languages button, the check box beside the default Input Language has a check mark, but is grayed out and cannot be cleared.
To remove the default Input Language, perform the following steps:
- Swipe down from the top of the home screen.
- Tap Settings > Language and Input > Input Languages > the Add/Remove Languages button.
- Ensure at least one other language is selected in addition to the currently grayed out (default) Input Language. If more than one is language is already selected, tap Cancel. If selecting an additional language, tap Save.
- Tap the Back button to return to the Language and Input screen.
- Under the Display Language heading, tap the Language drop-down list and select the alternate language. The user interface will update to reflect the change.
- Tap Input Languages > the Add/Remove Languages button.
- The check box for the previous default Input Language can now be cleared. Clear the check box and click Save to complete the Input Language removal.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.