- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- BlackBerry Device Service
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- DT 7086024
While enrolling the BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the BlackBerry Device Service, the following message may be displayed after entering the password for email account access:
Your account <email address> - <email address> cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure the account settings are correct.
This can occur if during the enrollment process, the email password is entered incorrectly the first time. Subsequent password attempts, even if the password is correct, can cause this message to appear.
This symptom can also attempt to authenticate several times unsuccessfully, therefore causing the Microsoft Active Directory account to be locked out.
Before attempting this workaround, ensure that the email account is not locked out and can be accessed successfully using the email password. If required, please contact the administrator of the email account to check and confirm the account is not locked.
Ensure the email password is correct and delete the work perimeter, then re-enroll the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Recreate the BlackBerry Device Service activation password, or contact the Administrator to reset the activation password.
- Delete the work perimeter from the smartphone:
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and tap Settings.
- Tap BlackBerry Balance.
- Tap the Delete work space button.
- Enter blackberry to confirm and tap OK.
- Re-enroll the smartphone using the email address and the new activation password that was provided by the administrator.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.